January 5, 2010

His Glorious Will

I awoke around 4am and couldn’t go back to sleep. I have been doing quite a bit of thinking the past few days. The beginning of a New Year will do that to me. It sends me on this path of self evaluation. I’m not sure why but I am resisting setting goals for the New Year apart from the goal and desire to glorify God. I’ve been thinking that I have spent a lot of years pursuing good things in the name of doing God’s will, but I am challenged as to how many of those good things were His will or mine. More time will be given to His word, listening to His heart…what does He really want from me? What does He want to do with this life He created from the clay? It is His to do as He pleases, but of course there will be a struggle. My will is way too strong, but I am confident He knows how to shape it in the most gentle of ways. He knows me well! I hope the beginning of this New Year finds you in a state of reflection and anticipation. Not so much so that you will prosper (I hope that too) but so that God’s kingdom would be advanced. Are you in a place where you can hear His voice when He speaks, or is your life crowded with your own pursuits? Do you really want His will to be done on this earth, or is it most important that you have your way? I invite you to join me in a fresh surrender of your heart to His! The beauty of this life can only be found as we see through His eyes. I pray this day will signal a fresh start for you and that you will be found on your face in His glorious presence. John 15:5 "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. (NKJV)
Grace-Works
Just because I needed to put some pictures up:
Me and My very sweet Man!

My Precious Family!

One of Our Sweet Jewels!